8) Celebrating Our Boy

I am not a fan of funerals. They’re sad; there’s lots of crying, and it feels like you’re trapped in four walls. That’s not what I wanted for Weston. I wanted to celebrate him being here and the joy that he brought to our lives, and I just wanted to be happy. Chris and I set the tone, and everyone graciously went along with it. We wanted it to be at Lake Tahoe; it’s just so beautiful there, so we started looking. The problem with Lake Tahoe on a Saturday in August is that it is wedding season, and wedding season is busy and expensive. After calling numerous places, we found an opening at the beach that Chris and I were married at and it was perfect. It just made our special place even more special.


My parents set up a huge buffet of food. People sat and talked and laughed and it was perfect (freezing cold… in August… but it was perfect anyways). My mom and sisters made a collage of pictures of Weston and brought beautiful flowers. But my favorite part was the butterflies. I gave a little impromptu speech – Chris was supposed to, but it’s always a lot harder once you get there. Thank goodness he read it to me the day before, so I definitely stole all of his ideas; and then, Taylee, Chris, and I released butterflies. It was truly magical. 





 I could not have asked for a better day. A day surrounded with love from our family and friends; a day that we were able to smile and celebrate our precious boy.


Lesson #5


No comments:

Post a Comment